
Recently I've been just blown away by some of the statements from my 5-year-old companion. I've always been conscious about the values that children pick up from their parents while they grow up together, but what if he comes out with things you never thought you taught him?
In the end of the day children are separate individuals with their own world and belief system - and sometimes all we can do is just smile (or burst out laughing in some occasions) and wave...
PS: Mentioning chauvinist in the headline is - a joke! Just in case...
Story 1:
Showed the other day to Maru an advertisement in a magazine, where you could see around ten different people sitting and doing various business stuff.
"Maru, which one of these people you would choose as your kindergarten teacher?", I asked.
"Well, if there's no-one prettier then - this one would do," he replied, pointing to one of the prettiest girls on this page.
What????
Story 2:
We were preparing ourselves for the official alumni dinner here at AIESEC conference. I was getting dressed, putting on my make up.
"Mummy, I don't like it when people call you a woman."
"Why so?", I asked.
"I like MISS much more - people should call you Miss, it's beautiful!"
Hey, what's going on here??
Story 3:
Went to his new kindergarten and the manager showed us around. She told me that the girls are gonna love Maru and will take good care of him. On our way back home I told Maru:
"You know, the manager just told me that the girls are gonna take such a good care of you!"
"What??" he burst out with this unbelievable tone in his voice. "The girls are gonna take care of me?? I'm a guy, I'm gonna take care of the girls!" (and continued later in the evening the story about him, the strong man, getting married in the future and protecting his woman from all the dangers).
------
I'd love to know - where is he picking up all of this? Any opinions? Raising a child is a true adventure - the map is there, but the actual landscape - well, that's a whole different story...
hey marjam, i linked ur blog to mine, hope u dun mind ;)
ReplyDeleteAmy, read your blog posting and feel overly honored and awed. You're such a great person, I'm blessed to have met you and Kenneth here. Till next time!
ReplyDelete