Pages

Feb 2, 2009

Wanna know why I'm shooting one video every day?


Yes, I've been recently making one video every day, from local gyms sauna, standing in the heavy rainfall to eating with my fingers. Why? Well, it all comes down to a 30-day challenge I gave myself (you can skip the rest and just check out the projects web page here my30daytrial.blogspot.com).

My quest this year is to increase my Productivity. Many times I'm not happy with how much time I'm spending on getting some things done. I feel I have more ideas than I'm able to execute and -- I want to speed up to get more of them done.

SPEED UP! Not by lowering standards, becoming a workaholic, living an unbalanced life.

No, I want it all -- the fulfilled life and fulfilled dreams -- and fulfilled potential.

Time to face the mirror and focus on some part of my path to get it aligned with my dreams.

Quite bluntly -- I feel I'm starting all over again every day. I'm a beginner, just learning to live, learning and learning and learning (called the beginners mind -- helps me to keep my mind fresh and notice opportunities).

I've come to the conclusion that self analysis isn't the most effective way for me to get results (it can rather become an paralysis of analysis), I need action to learn about myself -- and this is what I'm going to learn through.

Increasing your productivity is the key to live the life you desire. I'm looking for shortcuts, better methods, good mental practices, self discipline, knowledge -- everything I can find to increase the amount of things I get done every day.

And I told you -- I am in the beginning. The best people get things done with such a pace and ease that it blows me away. Some people in MindValley are just taking my breath away -- how the heck are they doing this? But then again - if they can, why can't I? Yes, indeed, why not...

To kick my ass about productivity I started a new blog where I'm sharing about my 30 day trials on productivity. The first trial is connecting my passion for different forms of communication and desire to deepen my learning experience in Malaysia -- I'm shooting one video every day with one lesson I learned that day. The bottom line, however is to get the video done, edit it and upload it in the blog with max 20 minutes. Right now it takes 30-40 minutes and I can do a lot to increase the quality, we'll see what's the state after 30 days.

So if you're interested in life in Malaysia and productivity in general check out my new blog my30daytrial.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Recently I listened to a Seth Godin interview who recommended exactly the same - to blog something every day as even the process of finding something to blog about makes you take more out from the things you learn.

    But anyway, it's also just a cool way of knowing what you're up to.

    PS! It just sounds good: see you in August in Malaysia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this idea is awesome. With this goal you even _have _to find every day something to learn. Probably your mind is set as more open and is looking to explore... Good luck and yes you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, love your feedback!

    It's actually fascinating how much more you get out of things once you get focused and know exactly what you want to achieve. And I'm realizing how important it is to get going without worrying about getting things perfect -- you'll improve in the process.

    Dannielo, thanks for the suggestion, sounds worth investigating. I plan to look into productivity tools in the coming months.

    PS: Lauri, can't wait to see you and your team here! Accommodation for the pre-conference in KL guaranteed ;)

    ReplyDelete