Here's some statistics to get the conversation going...
I want love - 3,350,000
I want to love - 2,240,000
How to love - 1,830,000
These numbers represent the searches on Google for these terms...every month. And this is only for these specific phrases - if you count all the related searches, eg "I want your love", "how to win love" together, you get easily tens of millions of desperate requests for love every month.
Yeah, to the search engine... Hoping to get some good answers. Or to be honest - hoping to get more love in their lives (all you Real World Life Lovers - doesn't that give a boost of motivation to show some love to yourself and your friends?:)
But why is there this huge lack of love that makes people turn to Google for sorting their lives out? Well, not sure about the reasons, but for sure I'd love to see more Real Life loving going on and less searches happening in internet...
Here's the thing. Love is available for free and only grows the more you express it. Yet there are so many lonely people, hiding behind masks of politeness, hardly faking it till the next lonely moment with themselves.
Well, I believe there's no better way to get more love than to love right now. OK, some people doubt if the person they're together with is the right person for them. So they hold back the feelings because they don't want to get hurt. Keep it cool, just in case, cause you never know. But why not to love even if you don't get married and have 10 children together? Why not to savor the moment, to get the full taste out of it and if needed, leave with peace in mind?
You can't run out of love by loving. Really -- you can just get better. So why not to love? Yeah, right now, whoever it is around you.
A friend of mine recently wrote me in an e-mail: "You are very important and dear person to me." Nope, he wasn't hitting on me, he's in a happy, loving relationship with his girlfriend or 3-years. He was just sharing his love - something I absolutely adore!
Why not to share the love with everyone, not keep it exclusively to your most, most, most intimate relationships?
Loving can't hurt, you can love even the people you don't get married with (right? Right!:).
Some people jump into relationships because they are afraid of the lack of love. Well, love isn't something reserved only for the most intimate relationships in your life. It's a decision, conscious choice of choosing to love life, yourself, the moments, the opportunities. And if someone comes along who fits in the picture -- you naturally expand and include that person.
So how do people become great lovers? Well, I've seen many people who study the theory of seduction and practice it diligently. I must admit I'm myself a curious reader of various seduction books and mailing lists, for the fun and for the better understanding of the tricks used on me:)
But really - you don't have to study anything to start loving. It's something we all know naturally - and the greatest lovers, I believe, are the ones who are the best connected with themselves. Cause after all - if love is natural, then not loving is unnatural and means you're not quite being yourself. So one baby step at a time - you learn to express your positive feelings towards people, world and yourself.
Now I admit - this posting is long and not really following the blogging rules. So to compensate that, here's a little list to create an illusion if Godly Structure. Here goes:
6 Reasons To Love A Little More Each Day
1. It gives your life a meaning - Victor Frankl, the jewish psychiatrist who survived Holocaust, says there are 3 ways to find meaning in your life: by doing a deed, experiencing a value and by suffering (in case no other option is available). The first ones are pretty much the core of loving. Through loving others you actually get more meaning - so in the end of the day it's win-win-win for everyone;)
2. Love, unlike sex, is not exclusive (guess it's an open subject to discuss, but I go with my non-cheating relationship model in this blog:). You don't have to sleep with another person to love them. You don't even have to flirt with them. Nope, you can just - love. Because it feels just so good and clearly there are so many people who need the feeling of being love (I mean -- everyone:).
3. It attracts more good things - loving helps you to notice all the things you can be grateful for in your life - and gratitude is the basis of growth. Once you appreciate the gifts in your life, you can attract more.
4. Everyone can do it -- loving is only a choice. You can be broke, ugly, sleepy, single and someone can yell at you, but you can still go to this place in your heart that's for love. And from this place you can love anyone.
5. You can choose it instantly - once I met a guy who told me at the first meeting that he wants to be a special person in my life. Well, he is till today - not sure if he would be if he had waited until he really "gets to know me". And leaving aside the mystery that happens between girls and guys - you can instantly switch from neutral state of mind into this loving place by choosing gratitude and blessings. Corny? Maybe, but it works:)
6. There are thousands of ways to do it - expressing your love is such a creative thing. You can choose simply sending positive thoughts towards someone or to cook a dinner for your mom. Gary Chapman, the author of "The Five Love Languages" describes 5 common patterns how people express love: through words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time and physical touch. You can expands these patterns endlessly and have tons of fun doing it.
Yeah, I like it too:)